Tuesday 18 October 2011

Today's Review: Having A Cough For Ages

I've had a cough for a while now. Almost two weeks in fact. I'm goddamn sick of it. Okay, I know that coughs happen, I shouldn't complain, but this is really pissing me off.

First of all, it's just the cough. That's it. Normally you'd get a cold or something with it, and you'd treat the whole package. Hell, when the sniffles and sore throat goes away you'd probably be glad to just have a cough. But if you've only got a cough, and it's been going on for a long time, that's not cool.

The intensity of the coughing is probably the worst thing. Coughing can be discrete, and doesn't have to adversely affect you much. But not for me, oh no. My throat decides to tickle and sends me into massive hacking coughs, that shudder through my body and leave me aching and sore after a day's worth. Coughing should not be like this. It's taking over my life and running me down, and just as it seems to let up it comes right back again.

It's been quite resistant to medication as well. I've had vitamin C, Soothers, Lemsip, cough syrup, everything helps, but not for long. This cough is a creation of the devil, its only purpose is to make me suffer for no apparent reason. It may well go away on its own, but I wish it would hurry the hell up. I hate it.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment