Thursday 12 January 2012

Today's Review: Monster

I'm going to be at work past midnight tonight, so no movie review like I planned. Instead I shall review what I am drinking to stay awake.

Monster Energy has been around for a while, it seemed to come out of nowhere and knock the shit out of Relentless and Red Bull. It's an energy drink, basically. All energy drinks may taste pretty much the same, but I have grown to like Monster following my love affair with berry Relentless. While that tasted nice, I've found that energy drinks wake me up more if they actually taste like energy drinks. Psychology and all that, innit.

Monster does come in juicy flavours, but screw that, I drink the traditional green flavour. I don't know if it's just the colour of the can, but it does taste a little bit green. Like some radioactive plant that is awesome and doesn't kill you. Anyway, I can happily glue away at this stuff, it has reasonable waking up powers, and as far as energy drink tastes go, it certainly doesn't leave the kind of aftertaste that a Red Bull does. Glug that taurine, people.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment