Sunday 28 January 2018

Today's Review: Walkers Max Strong Jalapeno And Cheese


Walkers have brought out a trio of flavours that are "perfect with beer", and while I'm not a big beer drinker, I can't turn down a pack of crisps that promise bold flavours. The Max Strong range from the one flame chilli and lime, to the two flame hot chicken wings, and these, the extra hot jalapeno and cheese. Obviously I went with the hottest, I can't resist something that promises to be extra hot, although I'm often disappointed.

Not with these though, wow, these are good. As soon as the first crisp touched my tongue it was hit with an intense wave of heat, a bold chilli flavour that made me instantly go "wow". It barely lets up, and I can still taste it now, ten minutes after eating my last one, to me that's the mark of a great chilli crisp. It may sound like the heat overwhelms the cheese, but that's also ever present in the flavour, a lovely mature cheddar taste that works wonderfully with the jalapeno, making this one awesome bag of crisps. I can't wait to try the others if they're all going to be as good as this.

My rating: 5/5

18 comments:

  1. I tried these last night and as fan of hot foods i can honestly say they are not that hot. I was half expecting them to be toned down but not that much lol prefer doritos hot ones to be honest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol doritos aren't anywhere near as hot

      Delete
    2. I love spicy food as well, and I'm partial to a packet of Chilli Heatwave Doritos (although I don't consider them spicy at all).
      However, these Walkers Jalapeño & Cheese blew me away! I'm no stranger to "hot" curries, but for a snack, these crisps are well worth it. Any packet of crisps that leaves my tongue numb for 10 minutes after I've finished the packet deserves the title of "Max Strong".
      10 out of 10 for these Walkers crisps.

      Delete
  2. I love spicy foods and can often be found tucking into a Lamb Vindaloo and I am often disappointed by 'Hot' & 'Chilli' Crisps... But I have to agree these give off a decent little kick without compromising on flavour, they do taste just like Cheese & Jalapeno Poppers I get from the Local Kebab shop.
    They do complement beer very well also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick! 10 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally a hot and spicy crisp! Thank you Walkers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the underwhelming Dorito chilli heatwaves hit the shelves

      Delete
  5. Yeah they are amazing but did remove skin in my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best spicey crisps I've eaten not too hot but they do do go down a treat as a snack with an ice cold beer or glass or two of bourbon. If you go in expecting phal type hot you will be disappointed but if you take them at face value then they're what they say on the packet 10 out of 10 for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice refrigerated Pepsi max does the job as well

      Delete
    2. Yes the bubbles on your numb tongue its my favourite haha so addictive

      Delete
  7. I ate a few bags until one day my friend told me they were NOT suitable for vegetarians 😖😤😢

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veggies dont have the umph to do man crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hot chicken wing variety are just as good. my opinion of coarse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of the four Max Strong flavours I've tried, I'd have to rank them:
    1. Jalapeno and Cheese
    2. Hot Chicken Wings
    3. Chilli and Lime
    4. KFC Zinger

    I'm someone who definitely doesn't NEED heat in my crisps although I can handle it, but the jalapeno and cheese ones just taste so good. Hot chicken wings are also good and if you don't like heat, the lime ones are still quite nice. Would avoid the Zinger variety - they just taste off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where would you put Dorito chilli heatwave in there?

    ReplyDelete