Saturday 2 February 2013

Today's Review: Brie



I'd like to think I'm a cheese loving man, although most of the time I settle for the standard cheddar, because I don't really make enough money to regularly sample the cheeses of the world, and the rest of my family aren't too adventurous with new food. But if I'm feeling fancy, I might spring out for a bit of weird and wonderful cheese to satisfy my curiosity, or I might just settle for an old, oft neglected favourite. Which is what I did this week when I bought a nice chunk of brie.

Brie is good, strange, but good. It lies in between the realm of hard cheese and cream cheese, meaning it looks and feels like you can spread it, but in practice it's pretty difficult. Still, it's a really good cheese. Creamy, smooth, and has an excellent flavour, and it goes well with pretty much anything, especially grapes. If you've never tried brie, you're missing out, and are probably not very adventurous at all. So get back to me once you've had a taste and we'll move onto the more weird and wonderful.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment