Wednesday 6 February 2013

Today's Review: People With Really Rough Hands

Working in retail, I have taken many coins and notes from many hands. Most are fine, some are dirty, but then there are those whose hands are just rough, really rough. I can't stand that.

I understand how people's hands can get so rough and calloused. Builders and other tradesmen use their hands for intensive, dirty jobs day after day, so it's only natural that the skin on their hands will become all dry and scratchy, and there's probably not much point doing anything about it because they're not planning on getting out of that career, plus expensive lotions and stuff are totally gay (I apologise for my stereotypical views about the stereotypical views of builders).

But personally, I absolutely hate the feel of rough skin. There have been days where my hands have dried out slightly and I've gone to wash and moisturise them a good number of times just to stop any feelings of scratchiness. I couldn't imagine living with hands that felt a rock with a skin condition. The scratchy feeling of dry skin against certain materials is enough to send shivers down my spine and make me physically cringe, so when I'm minding my own business handing out change and brush against a manly man's dry hands, it's not a good experience. I'm not saying people shouldn't have rough hands, nor am I passing judgement on those that do, I just really hate the feel of rough hands.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment