Wednesday 17 April 2013

Today's Review: Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans



I always like to visit Cyber Candy on a trip to London to see what new and interesting treats they have. Of course, now that I'm dieting it wasn't as exciting as before, but I still popped in to grab my lady a bag of Jolly Rancher, because she loves 'em. But imagine my dismay when the regular variety weren't there, leaving me with a choice of differently flavoured hard Jolly Rancher and these original flavours, in jelly bean form. I ended up getting both, and while I'm reluctant to suck on a reasonably sized boiled sweet, I figured my diet wouldn't suffer much from me sampling one of each flavour of these tiny jelly beans.

If you've had Jolly Rancher before, you know what to expect from these. The flavours are exactly the same, bold, massively sweet, fake fruit assaults on the senses. Although you don't quite get the same experience of intense, long lasting flavour as with the original sweets, the jelly beans certainly are satisfying and juicy. They remind me a lot of Joosters, the jelly bean form of Starburst/Opal Fruits, from back in the day (really showing my age now I guess). So while I couldn't go to town on this bag of beans, I certainly got to appreciate all it had to offer, and I enjoyed every second of it.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment