Sunday 26 April 2015

Today's Review: Cheesy Cheese Pringles


Cheese is certainly not my go to crisp flavour, but I was willing to give these Pringles a go, considering they claim to not just be cheese flavoured, but cheesy cheese flavoured. How does cheese become more cheesy? I don't know, but if anyone can teach me I'm sure it's Julius Pringles (yes, that is that dude's name).

What can I say? These Pringles are cheesy, very cheesy in fact. A lot of crisps hide their cheese behind onion, but these ones go the whole hog, or rather, the whole cheese. The chip is cheesy, and there seems to be a liberal cheesy dusting applied on top as well. I'm not sure exactly which cheese they were going for, the can hints at a swiss, but overall I'd just say they're a generic cheese flavour. I'm not normally a fan of such a thing, but I must say these were quite hard to put down. Sure, the flavour is a bit intense, and the cheesy powder substance on the chips is a little strange, but the classic integrity and crunchiness of the Pringle itself saves the can for disaster. It's a crunchy, cheesy chip that I quite enjoyed. If you're looking for cheesy potato chips, you certainly can't go wrong with these ones.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually the same and really don't like cheese flavour crisps, but these actually weren't too bad. Definitively not the best Pringle offering though

    ReplyDelete