Saturday 13 May 2017

Today's Review: Monster LH44


Rejoice, another new Monster flavour has emerged! Looks like this one is following in the footsteps of "The Doctor", but this time instead of collaborating with a MotoGP star, they've gone with Lewis Hamilton. So here we have "LH44", which is as cryptic as the other one, but the internet assures me that this is a black grape flavour. Now, the lemon Doctor still remains one of my favourite flavours, so I was excited to see what this one would bring.

I'm disappointed, I have to say. Grape is a tricky flavour to nail, I know, as evidenced by all those grape drinks and sweets that don't really taste like grapes at all. Still, they have that certain sweet grape flavour that I've come to appreciate on its own. This can pretty much tastes like that. Unfortunately, while it can work in some sweets, in drink form I normally find it too sweet, and that's the case here. The drink itself isn't too thick or syrupy, so I appreciate that, but the overall flavour is a little sickly, and it's slightly darker than I'm used to, probably to be more in line with a black grape taste. This certainly isn't a bad can of energy drink, but I know Monster can do a lot better. Still, it's cleaner tasting than a lot of stuff Rockstar have put out, so I'd say it's worth a shot.

My rating: 3/5

17 comments:

  1. Your review is spot on. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      Tv .

      Delete
  2. reviews kinda make me sick. Leave it to our preference dont be shoving it in our face. This is my favourite flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Lewis Hamilton, I didn't mean to offend you. Although I would suggest that if reviews make you physically nauseous, you should probably avoid visiting websites with "review" in the title. It's like complaining about a peanut allergy while you're eating a bag of M&Ms.

      Delete
    2. Who is this guy haha what a hilarious comeback

      Delete
    3. Someone shoved this site and this article in your face? Reading this was your own decision.

      Delete
  3. good review, though i'm a bit confused as to how the names of the drinks are cryptic.. LH = Lewis Hamilton and 44 = his car number, which is 44.. much the same as the VR46 Monster, VR = Valentino Rossi and 46 = his race bike number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume what was meant is that the name of the drink explains nothing of the contents.

      Delete
  4. Honestly just bought it because I liked the can, tastes like your average energy drink to me- couldn't even tell it was supposed to be grape until I googled it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. I didn't know it was "grapey" flavoured. I love grape flavour things.. the artificial grape taste you get with sweets and stuff, sort of like grape soda.. they taste nothing like grapes but I love that artificial flavour. I hope it's like that. I've a can in the fridge and I'm going to try it soon and play some F1 2018 on my PS4. I actually despise Lewis Hamilton, haha. But as an motorsports fan and lover of the Valentino Rossi Monster drink I thought I should at least try one can of the Hamilton one. I'd put it off too long as I simply cannot stand him.. silly really. Thanks for the review and sorry to see some other guy said the review made him sick.. strange that, haha. I bet it was "Hateful Hamilton"! I guess his logic is no review of anything should exist.. how the hell would we know about anything?! Thanks for reviewing, mate. I always enjoy a review about something before trying/using/listening/watching/driving/whatever'ing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried the Lh 44 but the doctor still remains my favorite, the orange and lemon combination is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also tested this because Doctor was so good.
    I liked this too. I thought it was strawberries or cherries. But grapes sounds more like it. Never tasted any grape drinks, except juice and wine.

    I think it's a bit too sweet, but not as sweet as original monster, which I don't like one bit. I also rate this 3/5, good unique drink flavor, at least from the available products I have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this article with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say, it tastes like the most generic energy drink there is. It tastes just like RedBull. Also, I didn't even know it was grape flavoured until I read this review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    JT. .

    ReplyDelete