Wednesday 15 May 2013

Today's Review: Having A Sore Throat

The weather is fluctuating between hot and cold, and my sleep patterns are all messed up, leaving me a little vulnerable. This all adds up to one thing, me getting sick. Not dramatically sick, just a cold, but it always starts the same way, with a sore throat.

Sore throats suck in the most basic way because they hurt. But there's so much more to it than that. Because even though your throat hurts, there's no way you can stop irritating it. You have to swallow several times in a day, hell, in an hour, and each swallow irritates and burns. An even bigger problem is that when you have a sore throat your body seems intent on swallowing more, creating more pain for no reason. What masochistic bodies we have.

The only time you can manage to leave your sore throat alone for a while is when you're sleeping, and that's a whole different bad situation. I can't count the number of times I've woken up, my throat dry, painful and scratchy, begging for fluid that only gives a different kind of pain. Perhaps it's just because I snore a lot, but waking up with a sore throat is definitely not a pleasant experience.

Sore throats suck. They're one of the most persistent and annoying pains, and they always seem to end in me becoming all bunged up and lethargic. Horrible.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment