Tuesday 20 January 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Pepperoni Pizza Wedge


I was recently sent some vouchers to pick up some items in Tesco's new range of chilled snacking foods. There are quite a few options available, mostly falling into the realm of pasta and soup pots, but one thing that really caught my eye was the selection of pizza wedges. I can't really recall seeing single slices of pizza on sale outside the overpriced establishments lining the streets of London, so it's nice to see a supermarket offering some up, if only to avoid people ordering an entire pizza for lunch at the office, and earning the judgement and scorn of all their colleagues. 


I went for the pepperoni slice, although there's a sloppy joe variety that I was gunning for that sadly wasn't available at my local store. Preparing this slice of pizza is as easy as pie. A piece of pizza pie perhaps. Simply unwrap it, shove it in the microwave and nuke it for a few minutes. Probably not the best way to cook a pizza, but it sure does the job with this wedge. Don't expect any fancy, thin based Italian delicacy, this pizza wedge is large, gooey and satisfying. It's soft and chewy, but most of that is due to the lathering of cheese on top, and the sauce underneath is a nice, subtle, flavoursome offering. There are a good few chunks of pepperoni, and while it's not normally my topping of choice, it went quite well on this slice, adding a nice meaty flavour. On top of that, there are sprinklings of pepper and oregano that add yet another dose of flavour. 

I don't buy pizza slices that often, but this sure did seem comparable to those indulgent, naughty slices you pick up on your way round London. It's a cheesy, meaty delight that certainly made my colleagues jealous, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for the sloppy joe version.

My rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review! I had the Sloppy Joe variety today and I was impressed. Decent size, crunchy crust, crisp base, a satisfying meal. I liked how the cheese melted slightly and there was a good spread of ingredients. Not a strong chilli beef taste but I would buy again, and will probably try the pepperoni slice next.

    ReplyDelete