Sunday 5 May 2013

Today's Review: Pre-Grated Cheese

One of my most used utensils in my kitchen is the cheese grater. Where blocks or slices of cheese are not particularly useful, you can bet that grated is the way to go. Just run that block up and down those sharp little holes and watch as the cheese settles onto your pizza/salad/other food item like a strange dairy snow.

But apparently people are too lazy to grate, because supermarkets sell cheese in pre-grated form. Why? I have no idea. I've only bought pre-grated cheese once, because the price was massively reduced, and it was horrible. The chunks were way too big, and there was a lot more surface area to get that weird rubber texture that is normally just present around the outside of your standard block.

I wasn't disappointed to find that it was disgusting, because pre-grated cheese seems like the epitome of culinary laziness. Cheese graters are cheap, easy to use, and offer many different sized holes for you to rub your blocks over. Is it really that hard for people to do? I understand some people may not be physically able to grate cheese, but I see people buying this stuff all the time. It just baffles me. It may be easy to dump a bag of grated cheese onto your pizza base, but that doesn't make it right.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment