Sunday 27 July 2014

Today's Review: Haribo Chamallows Fruity


While they may not reach the marvellous heights of Princess marshmallows, Haribo Chamallows offer a fluffy experience that is certainly up there with the greats. Now there is a fruity version, which I was certainly apprehensive of at first. It's your regular old Chamallows (although a little smaller), injected with raspberry fondant. Sounded sickly to me, but obviously I had to give them a go.

I'm glad I did. The raspberry filling is actually nothing like I thought it would be. I was expecting some kind of oozy, sickly, syrupy mess, but it's actually pretty nice and contained inside. There may not be much of it, but the balance is actually very nicely done. The marshmallows are as fluffy and flavoursome as always, but the filling provides a bit of respite from the dryness, injecting a lovely fruity flavour without overwhelming the senses. I think these may even be an improvement on the regular Chamallows, because it was very hard to stop myself from eating more. If you can find these (I got mine in Cyber Candy), then pick them up.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment