Saturday 5 July 2014

Today's Review: Marks & Spencer Tequila & Lime Chicken Wings


While the end of the other day was certainly soured (or spiced?) by Marks & Spencer's wasabi popcorn, I also bought these to snack on for lunch, and they were certainly more palatable. This is another addition to M&S' "Summer Of Flavour", and while I'm not a huge fan of tequila, I had to give these tequila and lime infused wings a go, as it seemed like it would be a nice change. There's also some sanyo pepper thrown in for "extra citrus notes", so I was looking forward to some nice, zesty chicken.

Well, these are definitely chicken wings, and nice ones too, but as for the lime and tequila? I didn't taste a whole lot of it. There's a slight zesty hint that almost becomes very nice, but I didn't taste much tequila at all. The blend of flavours is quite nice, when I could taste it, but it's just not strong enough to make these any more than average chicken wings. Still, the chicken is nice, so it's got that going for it. Hopefully I'll find something this summer that can give me some real, nice flavour.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment