Tuesday 1 July 2014

Today's Review: Changing The Date On My Watch

30 days hath September, April, June and November. Easy enough to remember, right? But apparently my watch can't keep that in mind. Right now the date box has a big "31" in it, despite the fact that there is no June 30th, and we are now in the month of July. Now I have to pull out the dial ever so slightly, not too much as that would change the actual time, and keep turning it until the date flips over. I have to do this five times a year, that's right, I have to wind it forward even more after February. I shouldn't have to touch my watch. It's meant to be reliable, always informing me what time or date it is. That's why these watches have ten year batteries. They're meant to be set and left alone. Why should I have to fiddle with it at various points in the year?

Okay, my watch may be analog, it technically doesn't know any better, it's just going through the motions. To be fair, it's not much of an effort at all to change the date, I just tend to forget to do it for a couple of days because it's such a minor thing, especially with my phone, computer and every other appliance I see informing me of the correct date. I think I'll file this one under "very mild annoyance". I don't enjoy it, but it's certainly not difficult, and given my choice in watch, I don't have another option. I guess I should do it now.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment