Saturday 5 December 2015

Today's Review: Jolly Rancher Crunch 'N' Chew


I do love Jolly Ranchers. They're great hard sweets with fantastically bold flavours, far more flavoursome than what's available in the UK. Even the chewy versions are good, retaining the same great flavours with a different texture. But if you can't decide between the two, you can also get these Crunch 'N' Chew ones, a chewy Jolly Rancher wrapped up in an original hard one. The best of both worlds, right?

I've written before about my dislike for distinctly different textures in sweets, and this one is no exception. Chewing straight through these results in a bit of a mismatch, a chewy sweet with crunchy shards throughout. Sucking on it first makes it a little better, but I certainly prefer just having the one kind of sweet. As for the flavours, they're pretty faithful to the originals, but they're kind of weak in comparison. It's almost like the chewy and hard sweets taste slightly different, and the transition is somewhat jarring. These don't taste awful, but having tried the other varieties I know what they could taste like. These just seem pretty unnecessary, if you're going to try Jilly Ranchers, I'd say stick with the originals.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment