Monday 25 April 2016

Today's Review: Milkybar Milk & Crunchy


I've been searching for this bar for a while now, when all I had to do was pop to the shop down the road. This is Milkybar Milk & Crunchy, which is a small Milkybar which... well, has some crunchy bits in it. I guess the marketing department were having a half day when they named this thing, or maybe they were on a roll, and figured the best way to get the message across was putting the description in the name itself. Either way, this is a Milkybar with rice pieces, and that's about it. Oh, it's also shaped like a cow. How fun!

If you've had a Milkybar, which I'm sure most of you have, then you know what to expect from this. If you haven't, it's a fantastically creamy white chocolate, probably the best around, and this bar is no different. It's extremely flavoursome, and is satisfyingly thick, so despite the bar's size it does taste quite substantial. What I do question, however, is the crunchy part. The rice pieces make up 5% of the bar, and while there is a definite crunchy texture in each mouthful, the pieces aren't quite abundant enough to modify the flavour of the bar itself. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, after all, the Milkybar is perfect. But it does make me think they slightly missed the point of the whole endeavour, and could have improved on this variation with a few more rice pieces chucked in. I can't be mad, it's still a great tasting bar. It just could have been a little more different.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment