Thursday 7 April 2016

Today's Review: Apple Fanta


Of all the juices, apple is probably one of my favourites. So when I saw this purely apple Fanta in Mr. Simms I snatched it right up. I've tried the apple & sour cherry flavour that came out in the UK a while ago, but that wasn't too great, I was hoping this would be purer and tastier.

My body was ready, I popped open the can, I raised it to my lips, and I was met with a gush of syrupy water with a hint of fruit-like flavour that wasn't very reminiscent of apple. What happened? How hard is it to make an apple drink? Well, I'd suggest they start with the apple juice, but apparently they forgot to include it here. I say forgot, but they didn't, because "Contains no juice" is stamped on the can in big bold letters. So really this can contains a mixture of water, high fructose corn syrup, acid, colours and flavourings. Sounds delicious, right? No? Well, that's because it isn't. I'd say it has a hint of apple, I guess they got somewhere close with whatever chemicals they pumped into it, but that doesn't redeem it, it's still like drinking watered down syrup. If that sounds like fun to you, by all means pick this up. Otherwise, don't bother. 

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment