Saturday 30 April 2016

Today's Review: Christmas Pudding Flavour Alcoholic Drinks


A friend of mine saw these interesting little shots in Bookers, and thought of me. It's nice to know that I'm seen as that guy who likes to try weird things. So yes, it is most certainly not the season, but these "Christmas Pudding Flavour Alcoholic Drinks" fell into my hands this week, so it would be remiss of me to not try them out. I think you can tell from that wonderfully unoriginal name that I expected no quality whatsoever from these, but hey, there was an off chance that they would be fantastic.

They're not though. The very fact that they're called "alcoholic drinks" instead of something specific is very telling. If I were to make a Christmas pudding themed shot, I'd go with brandy, because that's what it's associated with. But these little plastic glasses just contain some non-descript alcohol that gives the unpleasant burning sensation without any real hint of flavour. The Christmas pudding element presents itself in a slightly fruity taste, it's not anywhere near Christmas pudding, but at least it distracts from the moonshine underneath for a second before it all collapses into disappointment. I'm glad I tried these out in the off season, Christmas is a magical time, and these shots are like an alcoholic Grinch.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment