Tuesday 19 April 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Piri Piri Chicken Melts


I normally cook all my meals with fresh meat, but on the odd occasion that I'm not cooking for the family, I don't mined perusing the chilled aisles for something a bit more ready made. These piri piri chicken melts looked pretty good for a quick fix. There are a few varieties of these available, but the main idea is that they're breaded chicken breast filled with various sauces, and since I'm a spice nut I figured I'd go for the heat.


Well, that's a lot of sauce. I was surprised at how much there was, and it was definitely satisfying watching it ooze out. The chicken itself is pretty alright, I wasn't expecting gourmet stuff from some already prepared breaded chicken, so it's pretty good considering, it's a nice chunk of meat and I didn't find any nasty surprised inside.The sauce is a lot better than I thought it would be, it packs a pretty strong heat , and there's enough packed in each melt to give the entirety a good level of spice. This is a good, ready made dish in the vein of chicken kievs, and I'm actually tempted to try out some of the others after this. Good effort from Tesco.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment