Tuesday 21 June 2016

Today's Review: Lurpak Infusions Smoked Chipotle


Butter is my bread and butter, well, half of it anyway. I love butter, but as much as I enjoy it, butter is just butter, right? Well, now Lurpak have infused their butter with different flavours, and this one was the one that sounded tastiest to me. It's a spreadable Lurpak with a smoked chipotle flavour.

This butter has a pretty off looking orange colour, but looks can be deceiving. Sinking the knife in, I found this to be very malleable and spreadable, much more than the regular Lurpak spreadable butter is. It could easily be scooped up and used in any recipe you please, but I decided to try it in its purest form. No, I didn't eat a blog of butter, I spread it on some bread, but I could still experience the flavour. The base is a lovely, creamy butter, but the chipotle presents itself soon enough. It's not a very intense heat, but it's a warm, moderate spice that lasts for quite a while after eating, coupled with a great smoky flavour that really permeates through the butter. This is a creamy, spicy butter that will probably taste great with just about anything. Well, anything you'd add butter to anyway. I can't wait to try out the other flavours they've got.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment