Saturday 18 June 2016

Today's Review: Relentless Passion Punch


Relentless has recently undergone a rebranding, and now their cans stand out with solid, bold colours. I'm more of a Monster man now myself, but I've got to say these new cans look good. They've also snuck in another flavour to go along with the relaunch, and it's one that piqued my interest. It's a fruit punch, and the can is presented in a fantastic purple hue. It's hard to say which fruits are meant to be in this punch, since there aren't any fruit juices in the ingredients, but hey, as long as it resembles fruit it should be good enough, right?

The first thing I was hit with when I opened the can was the smell. I don't know if it was just me, or whether this drink isn't all that, but it smelled a little something like... dirt. Strange, I know, but that was my first thought. The taste of the drink itself raised it in my esteem, although not a whole lot. The overall flavour is fruity, and a nice dark fruitiness at that, but it's hard to tell exactly which fruit they were going for. My brain was trying to grasp at passion fruit the most due to the title on the can, and I did pick some up in the flavour, but there are clearly some other elements at play too. At times it does get a little overwhelming, or starts to taste a little syrupy, but overall it's not too bad. It's not particularly good either, there are far better Relentless flavours out there, so it was somewhat disappointing given the promise of the fruit punch. Clearly not the best Relentless flavour, but it's still better than some energy drinks on the shelves...

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment