Sunday 12 June 2016

Today's Review: Kettle Chips Chorizo, Feta & Olive


It's been a while since the last Kettle Chips seasonal flavour, so much so that I'd almost given up on looking for them. A double take in Tesco today, however, revealed this nice red bag, with some interesting flavours advertised on the front. Chorizo, feta and olive. An interesting combination, feta and olive I agree with, but I don't know if I'd chuck some chorizo into the mix in real life. Thankfully I have some crisps that will do it for me, as long as they taste right that is.

I've gotta say, these do taste like chorizo. There's a deep, meaty taste with an undeniable spice, and as far as meaty crisp flavours go this is a pretty good one. The feta and olive are present throughout too, not quite as much as the chorizo, but definitely noticeable. There's a nice cheesy hint that's always present but sometimes gets a little lost in the spice, while the olive isn't always apparent, but comes through with a somewhat salty taste every now and then, and really helps to round off the flavour. So while the balance isn't perfect here, this is a pretty good bag of crisps, with some interesting flavours that are pulled off pretty well. The last few Kettle Chips flavours haven't fared well with me, but I'm quite fond of this one.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment