Wednesday 15 June 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Coconut Chicken Curry Crisps


Tesco sure are stepping up their crisp game lately, I've already reviewed a few flavours over the last week or so, and I stumbled across some more when I popped in there the other day. These ones were by far the most interesting sounding, a coconut chicken curry flavour. I don't think I've had curry crisps before, let alone one with coconut thrown in, so I was looking forward to what these had to offer.

I wasn't expecting these to be amazing, there seemed to be too many elements that could have been a bit off, but to my surprise these are actually really good. The coconut flavour is very noticeable, but isn't particularly at the forefront, I thought it would be laid on thick to emphasise the main feature, but it blends in nicely with the rest of the flavours. There's a slight hint of chicken that provides a nice, meaty base, and on top of that is the curry part, which presents itself as a fantastically sweet, creamy taste, almost like you're eating a curry sauce. The coconut helps to kick the sweetness up a notch, but it doesn't get too sweet thanks to the meaty undertone grounding it just enough. I went in thinking I wasn't really going to enjoy these, but soon after I tucked in the bag was empty. These crisps are fantastic, it's a shame they're only a limited edition.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment