Sunday 27 February 2011

Today's Review: My Walk Home

I'm on the way home from work right now, blogging on my iPhone. Ahh, the future. My eyes are getting watery from the wind but dammit, I'm determined. It's a dark night, the streets are empty save for some straggling revellers. But for me, it's home time.

My colleague has left me for different pastures and I find myself quite alone. On my left now some kind of homosexual based night is happening. People are talking too loud. And cackling. Fucking drunks. Thankfully the streets are well lit at this point, and there appears to be a police presence. My phone is shining brightly and I'd rather it not be nicked.

I just crossed the road without waiting for the green man. This is because I live life dangerously. Unfortunately the manly effect of my actions were cut short by me almost walking into a phone box. You win some, you lose some.

I'm straying towards the edge of town now. My hand is getting cold, but I won't let you down, dear reader. The giraffe toy we gave to a charity shop the other day has earned a place in the front window. That makes me feel special.

Walking sucks. The only good thing about it is it's free. But the multitude of takeaway places tempt me with their fumes. For some reason my phone is now not showing me what I'm typing, it's skipping higher up the page. I am displeased. I just almost walked into a bush. And stepped off a curb I didn't see. But still, I'm manly. Many more roads have been crossed without looking both ways. Soon I shall be home. Perhaps I'll pop in and see the hobo who's taken up residence by the bins. But probably not, that'd be creepy. My walk home has been very uneventful, but the darkness adds a sense of danger that is thrilling. Will I be mugged? Murdered? No, probably not. But I might walk into a bush one day.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment