Saturday 10 September 2011

Today's Review: Haribo £1 Tangfastics





Despite creating perhaps the most awful TV advert ever, I have not lost my faith in Haribo. I can hardly remember a day when Haribo was not in my life. I do though, because I distinctly remember them first coming out, and that was pretty awesome. Well, prices have gone up since those days of my childhood, but these new packs that are all over the place are bigger than the norm, and they have "£1" printed on them, so they have to be sold for a pound. Brilliant.

I was drawn to the Tangfastics this evening, mainly because I fancied some Tangfastics, but I was also curious to try this new Rhubarb & Custard splat they've put in the bags. There were only two in the bag I had, and they were pretty damn nice. Not so fizzy, but the flavour is strong and pretty authentic. It was really like I was eating a traditional rhubarb and custard sweet, but in chewy form.

I soon found that the rest of the bag also suffered from the lack of fizziness. I can handle a sour sweet, and I usually love the mild yet zingy flavour Tangfastics normally get me. But for some reason this bag was entirely lacking. I'm not sure if it was just a dud bag, or whether Haribo have had to skimp on the flavouring in order to get these big ol' bags sold for £1. Either way, I don't like it.

So if you like your Tangfastics satisfyingly fizzy, you can try your luck, but you may be disappointed. As for the new flavour, it's not really worth spending too much money to see what it tastes like, you're better off just buying a bag of regular rhubarb and custard sweets, 'cause the taste is the same. If you're in the mood for some Tangfastics on the side though, knock yourself out.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment