Monday 26 September 2011

Today's Review: Tangled Wires

Oh yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Whenever there's a wire, especially groups of wires, they will tangle themselves when you're not looking. God forbid you have a large group of unsupervised cables lying idly around the floor, because they'll be all over each other within a matter of hours, like horny teenagers.

That's kind of a problem for me, seeing as I have over 30 of the bastards behind my TV. Going back there is like going into an electronic jungle, and it's all because of the tangled wires. Whenever I attempt to sort everything out, or move some things around, most of my time is spent undoing knots that it seems are physically impossible to occur naturally. This is why I always have all my stuff plugged into the TV. Attempting to switch over one wire with another is a Herculean task, and don't ever try to wiggle a tangled wire free, because you'll inevitably unplug whichever wire it was tangled up with, and so on and so on.

Why the hell does this happen? How can some inanimate objects left out of sight become so intricately woven? I remember my GCSE Physics teacher telling us that there is no scientific explanation for this. I just did a quick Google search, and the best explanation I could find is that out of all the states wires can be in, there are more tangled possibilities than untangled. So basically that's a "Wires tangle because they do". There is no force that I know of that can exclusively knot up wires and leave everything surrounding intact. In fact I'm almost convinced this is proof of a God, for this is surely the work of a powerful being. Too bad it's using those powers to be a dick.

Come on Science, fix this already. I don't have the time nor wire length to do fancy cable winding techniques, just give me a wire that doesn't tangle already. It really sucks.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment