Sunday 19 February 2012

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's The Vermonster


I do love a bit of Ben & Jerry's, although I love a lot of Ben & Jerry's even more. I haven't seen a new flavour for a while, so The Vermonster immediately caught my attention, especially at half price. 

What makes it so Vermonty? The fact that it's maple syrup ice cream, 'cause Vermont is the leading producer of maple syrup in the United States (I just looked that up on Wikipedia). There are also some caramelised pecans and caramel swirls thrown in for variety, but the ice cream itself is what makes this flavour good. The balance is just right, so it's not too sickly, but the flavour really packs a punch. The pecans are pretty good too. I don't normally like nuts in my ice cream, but they're perfectly caramelised so the taste blends in really well with the ice cream. If you're after something different in your ice cream, this is something you probably haven't tried before, and it's well worth it.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. This ice cream is absolutely amazing I cant get enough of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. but where is it now. I haven't seen it in the stores for a looooong time

    ReplyDelete