Friday 19 October 2012

Today's Review: Having No Wi-Fi

It's in the later stages of the evening. At this time I'm normally sitting at my computer, Facebooking, Redditing, YouTubing, or whatever else tickles my fancy. Normally I'm getting ready to write my review for the day. But not today. Because my Internet has decided to crap out for no apparent reason.

What did we do with computers before the Internet? Nowadays a lot of our entertainment is streamed, and while I do have a large collection of videos and music that I can watch sans connection, I've become used to bite-size chunks of video, brief articles, all of which are now inaccessible to me. Well, that's a lie. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology my phone can still connect to 3G. But it's not the same. Now I'm just huddled over my phone like some kind of unfortunate hunchback.

Sure, I should be thankful that I can still get Internet on my phone. He'll, I should be thankful I have it at all. But you know the saying, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, and I miss my Wi-Fi so bad. And that, my friends, is how the Internet has ruined me.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment