Friday 30 October 2015

Today's Review: Snyder's Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces


I'm a sucker for Snyder's Pretzel Pieces, or at least the hot varieties anyway. I've tried the jalapeño and buffalo wing varieties before, and I would gladly shove an entire bag in my face on any given day. But yesterday I saw a flavour I had not yet tried, and on clearance in Tesco as well. It's certainly not a spicy concoction that made my mouth water, it's cheddar cheese, which sounds pretty plain. But I figured I'd give them a go, seeing as the other flavours are pretty awesome.

I tried to put my spice addiction to one side while I made my way through this bag. My tongue was longing for heat, but obviously these don't provide that. What they do have, however, is a very bold, quite delicious cheesy flavour. It says "bursting with flavour" on the packet, and my word they're right. A lot of people don't seem to do cheese flavoured snacks all that well, but these are great. The texture of the pretzels really helps it along, with a satisfying crunch and a slimy, yet satisfying greasiness that really seals in the flavour and left me licking my fingers afterwards. I was disappointed at the lack of spiciness in this bag, and these are a little lacking in cheesiness at some points, especially with the bigger pretzel chunks. But I can't be too mad. These are cheddar cheese flavoured pretzel pieces, they accomplish what they set out to do, and they're pretty tasty. In lieu of a spicy flavour I'm sure I'd pick these up again.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I think honey mustard and onion is the best, and also I found this sweet version: salted caramel flavour once from Partridges of Kensington. That is really a good one

    ReplyDelete