Sunday 28 October 2012

Today's Review: Pink Lemonade Lucozade


I'm quite a fan of Lucozade Energy. The orange flavour gives me mystical healing powers, and all the rest of the flavours I've encountered have been pretty nice, apart from that tropical one with coconut. But today I found an entirely different flavour. Shying away from such flavours as actual fruit, they've brought out Pink Lemonade, a flavour that's always seemed a little unnatural to me, like blue raspberry. Of course, having typed that and then looked it up, I found out there is such a thing as a blue raspberry.

Anyway, yes, it's a pink lemonade Lucozade. It seems like a strange choice, as lemonade is meant to be enjoyed on the front porch of your white picket fenced home, after you bought it from a neighbourhood kid running a stand on a lazy suburban afternoon, it doesn't seem synonymous with a kick of energy. Still, they get the flavour spot on in comparison to other pink lemonades I've had over the years. It's dry, but refreshing, with a little hint of something that makes it taste pink. But while it tastes nice, the dryness seems to drag it down a little, as I failed to get the kick that I usually do after drinking a bottle of Lucozade. It's a nice change from the regular fruity line up, but I think I'd rather have one of those flavours, as long as it didn't have coconut in it.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment