Friday 29 March 2013

Today's Review: Mini Babybel


I think it's probably scientific fact that if you didn't have a Mini Babybel when you were young then you had a deprived childhood. These tiny little wheels of cheese are one of the staples of the lunchbox. They may just be cheese, but they're so much more. They're cheese and that waxy coating.

See, having one wrapper isn't enough, because each Mini Babybel requires you to free it from its red wax casing with some conveniently placed pull strings. When you've taken the wax off you can discard it, roll it into a ball, or eat it if you're weird. Then it's onto the cheese itself. It's smooth, creamy, slightly rubbery, but in a good way. Packed with flavour too, and so perfectly rounded. I still enjoy a Mini Babybel today as much as I did when I was a kid, especially now they're one of the only legitimate snack foods I can eat. I love you, Mini Babybel. If only there were a not so mini version of you. Just kidding, there totally is:


My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment