Sunday 14 December 2014

Today's Review: Getting Superglue All Over Your Fingers

Earlier, while rooting around in the kitchen drawer, resplendent with odds and ends, I actually thought I'd found what I was looking for. A key, hopefully the spare front door key, but it turns out it wasn't. Oh well, at least I came away from my search with something, and that something was a split tube of superglue fused to my hand.

If you've ever used superglue, I'm sure you've found a small blob on your finger afterwards, and promptly stuck it to another finger just to see how well it sticks. If you have, I'm sure you'll know it's pretty effective, and the same is true for entire leaky tubes and multiple fingers. I'm not going to pretend like I had the worst possible experience, I could have had more glue drying on my skin, and certainly in a more sensitive area, but I did still have to prise the tube away from my flesh, and then proceed to work on the now-dried thick white residue.

It's not how I wanted to spend half an hour on a Sunday evening, but after submerging my fingers in water for a while, I found the dried glue was quite easy to peel off in sizeable chunks. In fact, it was quite satisfying when I pulled off a particularly large piece, so it really was more fun than I expected it to be. Still not something I'd recommend, but certainly an interesting experience.

There may be a few flakes of glue left on my fingertips, but that's nothing my constant skin shedding won't fix in due course. There certainly aren't any real benefits of getting your fingers covered in superglue, you wouldn't even be able to climb walls like Spiderman. It's an annoyance, and it can be a little painful if you have to peel things off yourself, but I certainly found how to make the best of a situation, and all in all it's not too bad. I can't speak for covering other body parts in superglue though, so I'll go ahead and strongly advise against that.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment