Tuesday 2 December 2014

Today's Review: Vimto Tongue Ticklers


I'm always up for trying out some Vimto sweets, I haven't met one that I didn't like. I found this little treat at Morrisons the other day, which promised to tickle my tongue. They also promise a secret Vimto flavour, just after stating that they have a mixed fruit flavour, so I don't know what to believe.

The packet consists of six separately wrapped chewy sweets, much like the Xtreme Chewits. Each one certainly starts out a bit hard to sink your teeth into, but after a few chomps they get chewy enough. The flavour is distinctly Vimto, a lovely blackcurrant/raspberry concoction, and it lasts throughout the entire sweet. What I didn't get much was the tingly tongue. I was expecting something sour, also much like the Xtreme Chewits, although maybe not quite as Xtreme. But these weren't tangy at all. They're certainly nice sweets, but they didn't deliver on their tickly promise. If you're just after some chewy, Vimto flavour sweets, however, these will do nicely.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment