Tuesday 3 November 2015

Today's Review: Sensations Roast Beef And Fiery Horseradish


After reviewing the new seasonal thicker cut cheese and cranberry Sensations last week, I figured I might as well go back and pick up the other flavour. I'm not quite sure why I did, I'm not a big fan of meaty crisps, and I certainly don't get along well with horseradish. But hey, this could perhaps be my gateway into the spicy stuff, and every flavour deserves a chance, so I tucked right in.

They say horseradish, and they mean horseradish. That's the first thing I tasted when I popped one of these in my mouth, a very bold, and pretty damn spicy horseradish flavour that didn't quite burn through my nose as much as the real stuff, but it certainly threatened to. I can firmly still say I'm not a horseradish fan, but these crisps sure do taste like the real thing, so good on Walkers for that one. For the beef side of things, it's certainly noticeable, a nice meatiness that lies underneath the fiery stuff. But it's a little imbalanced, and the horseradish wins out. So this is actually a pretty decent bag of crisps that delivers what's promised. It may be a little lacking on the meaty side, but even I went back for a few more after the horseradish got a little too much for me.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment