Saturday 21 November 2015

Today's Review: Snyder's Salted Caramel Pretzel Pieces


I've reviewed a few Snyder's Pretzel Pieces flavours in the past, and they've all been savoury, and mostly spicy. Following my last review, a kind reader pointed out to me the existence of this sweet and salty variety, and I stumbled upon them in my local Tesco Express just the other day. These are salted caramel pretzel pieces, a mainstay flavour among snack foods nowadays, but apparently these have been hanging around in the States for a couple of years. Salted caramel is abundant these days, sure, but it's rarely done completely right. But I had faith in Snyder's. Despite having experience only with their savoury flavours, they certainly seem like they know what they're doing.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the bag was the smell, and my word these smell amazing. It's a full, sweet caramel smell with a hint of saltiness, which is certainly fitting to what's written on the bag. The pretzel pieces are as good as all the other varieties, some large, some not so large, but all packing a satisfying crunch and a satisfying texture that is sure to fill you up. The flavouring is great on these as well. They're pretty salty, it might have been too much if this were another snack, but since these are pretzels the saltiness works very well indeed, it just feels right. The caramel flavour is prevalent throughout, a smooth, sweet flavour that isn't overwhelming, I think the abundance of saltiness helps to balance it out. So overall, these do exactly what they say on the packet, they're fantastically sweet, mouth wateringly salty, and satisfyingly crunchy. Another great bag of pretzel pieces from Snyder's.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment