Saturday 28 May 2016

Today's Review: Krispy Kreme Nutty Chocolatta



As there's no Krispy Kreme store near me, I don't normally grab their doughnuts, despite the Tesco down the road stocking them. But I figured I'd make the effort today when I heard they had a new Nutella filled doughnut on offer. Lo and behold, there they were, filling not one, but two slots in the cabinet, which is a good thing as the guy in front of me grabbed three of 'em. It's described as being filled with "pure Nutella spread", and coated in chocolate, white chocolate swirls and caramelised hazelnuts.

"Pure Nutella" is the correct term. I was a little worried when my first, tender bite revealed no filling, but my word did the following ones make up for it. This doughnut is absolutely packed with Nutella, and only Nutella, so it's a fantastically bold flavour that works incredibly well with the dough it's encased in. The toppings are a nice addition, with yet more chocolate that compounds the sweetness, and while I wouldn't have said the hazelnuts were a necessary addition, they are a welcome one. They add a nice crunch and another layer of nuttiness, without compromising that pure Nutella taste. This doughnut is just plain fantastic. I kinda wish I'd bought three myself, but there was another flavour that demanded my attention. "What's that?" I hear you cry. Well, tune in tomorrow to find out.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post...

    https://www.savnpik.com/UAE-deals/food-and-restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Dyson Hand Dryer Filter

    ReplyDelete