Saturday 7 May 2016

Today's Review: Cadbury Strawberries & Creme Pots Of Joy


Easter's out and summer's in, so Cadbury have switched their seasonal Pots Of Joy over to this strawberries and creme offering. From the spelling of "creme" you can probably determine that it is following the same lines as the Creme Egg Pot Of Joy, and indeed it is much the same. It consists of a layer of melted Cadbury milk chocolate, with a strawberry flavoured fondant centre.

The Creme Egg pots were nice enough, although in recent years I can't say my fondness for Creme Eggs has been what it used to be. I find the fondant quite sickly, and that's the case here as well. It's the same thick texture, but it also possesses a very sweet strawberry flavour, which is nice enough to start with, but then becomes pretty overwhelming. The whole of the fondant, then, is pretty sickly, and while the chocolate on top does an alright job of mellowing it out and providing a different flavour to work with, overall this pot did not bring me a lot of joy. It makes for an okay dessert, but I think I'll stick with the plain old Cadbury chocolate ones in future.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment