Thursday 5 May 2016

Today's Review: Magnum Double Peanut Butter Bar


I reviewed the Magnum Double Chocolate bar late last week, but failed to follow it promptly with this other bar that I tried at the same time. Yes, the Double Chocolate is not a lone wolf, you can also get your chocolate fix from this Magnum Double Peanut Butter bar, which takes after the wonderful ice cream of the same name. This bar consists of Magnum chocolate with chunky peanut butter and salted caramel in the middle. Sounded good enough to me.


The chocolate is top notch, I can't fault it. It's nice and thick, but gives way to the innards with a satisfying crack. Underneath is a whole lot of flavour, perhaps a little too much. The peanut butter is at the forefront, a bold, nutty taste embedded with peanut chunks. It is a little more peanut than peanut butter, but it still tastes good, so I can't complain. The salted caramel is a nice enough addition, but unfortunately it doesn't come through in the overall flavour that much. It was nice enough when I could detect it, and it added a nice smooth texture to the bar, but I think there just might be a little too much going on in this bar. This is still worth picking up while it's around though, very tasty.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment