Sunday 24 July 2016

Today's Review: Coca-Cola Zero Cherry


These Diet drinks are all the rage nowadays, and while Coca-Cola have been in the game for a while, there's still opportunity for more flavours. Even with a Diet Cherry Coke available, they've decided to bring out a cherry flavour of Coke Zero, because why not? From what I've heard about the differences between Diet Coke and Coke Zero, the Zero is based on the original Coke recipe, while Diet is not. So an educated guess would put this as trying to emulate the original Cherry Coke, but with no sugar. Let's see how that pans out.

This does have the Coke Zero base, and while I don't think I'm as much a fan of Zero than I am of Diet, it's not too bad. It's pretty close to the original Coke taste, and doesn't have the sugar, so that's always a positive. The cherry flavour is... alright. It's nowhere near as nice as the original flavouring, it has a slight chemical edge to it, so I wouldn't say it was particularly great. This isn't a bad drink, but it seems a little unnecessary. The Diet Cherry Coke is better, in my opinion, but I guess it's nice to have options. Besides, this may be great for some, but I just find it average.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment