Saturday 30 July 2016

Today's Review: Samuel Smith's Cherry Beer


Even a nice trip to the pub can become an opportunity for an interesting review. I was perusing the drinks menu at a Samuel Smith's in London when my eyes fell upon a selection of fruity beers. Now, I'm not a great fan of beer, and fruit beers I've tried before haven't particularly excited me, but I figured I'd give these ones a go, especially as there was cherry on offer.

This is a damn good beer, I didn't think I'd find myself saying that, but it is. The predominant flavour here is a very nice cherry, not too sweet, but definitely bold and quite juicy. The beer element is present, certainly, but the bitterness is nicely offset by the fruit, and it all blends together very nicely, to deliver quite a refreshing drink overall. It's somewhat more like a cider than your average beer, I might say it's like a middle ground between the two. But this is definitely a great beer, and I look forward to trying out some of the other fruity offerings the next time I find myself in a Samuel Smith's pub.

My rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment