Friday 15 April 2011

Today's Review: Almost Forgetting To Write Reviews

A review a day. Sounds easy enough. You've just gotta sit down and review something, anything, and you're bound to have done or seen something during the day that is review worthy. But sometimes your day is so full of stuff that you just plain forget you have to do a review until the last minute.

Today was not one of those days. I have sat on my butt for quite a while today, and it didn't cross my mind that I should be writing today's review. My only conclusion is that i'm going senile. This will be confirmed if tomorrow I write a review on the lamp I made friends with. So here I am, 25 minutes until I break my review a day standard and thus no longer deserve the name. How scary. So I write about the first thing that comes to mind, which is forgetting about the review I have thus far forgotten to write. How meta of me.

Well, on this occasion, i'll have to admit that forgetting to write a review was in a way a blessing, as I had no other ideas for today and this one helped me to write. On the other hand, this is the only time I can review this, so after today if I forget to write something i'm going to just sit in a corner and weep. But then I suppose I could review weeping. Or corners. So as useful as my absent mindedness was today, most of the time forgetting to do something is not considered a very efficient way of getting it done. Although Fleming discovered penicillin when he forgot to clean his petri dishes. And Archimedes discovered his whole water displacement idea when he decided to forget about it and have a bath. So I guess I'm up there with the greats.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment