Wednesday 26 June 2013

Today's Review: Raspberry Ripple Mini Rolls

I do enjoy a good old fashioned Mini Roll. So the thought of enjoying a new fashioned one was good too. This raspberry ripple flavour goes hand in hand with a mint chocolate one that make up a new "ice cream" range, just in time for summer. Since I don't like mint chocolate, I just tried this one.

It's basically the same as a regular Mini Roll, but with a bold raspberry flavour. It's very sweet, and perhaps a little overpowering. I think it's because in this variety the cream is also raspberry flavoured, whereas in the regular kind the strawberry is only contained in the jammy swirls. But here we have an almost sickly sweet raspberry flavoured, squishy roll that isn't too satisfying to eat.

But that's not all. The packet implored me to try these frozen, so I did, in the interest of science. I must say that freezing these Mini Rolls makes them taste a lot better. They lose their squidginess, and the creamy filling certainly takes on an ice cream consistency. So while these aren't all that great in their regular state, freezing them kicks them up a notch. Still, a little too sickly for my liking. 

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment