Friday 14 June 2013

Today's Review: Triple Chocolate Maryland Gooeys


What's better than a cookie? A freshly baked, gooey cookie of course. I'm not quite sure if that's what Maryland was going for with these, but that's the impression I got. These Gooey cookies consist of your regular Maryland cookie goodness, but with a gooey chocolate centre. As such they're substantially larger than a regular Maryland cookie, and there are only ten in a pack. Still, they're quite filling, and certainly tasty.

I chose the triple chocolate, because having three times the chocolate is always good. There are also original and hazelnut varieties, but that chocolatey cookie and white chocolate chips really turned every mouthful into a chocolate extravaganza. My only real qualm was with the gooey middle. There's not too much of it, and has quite a sticky texture that, while nice, isn't overly appealing. After I polished off a couple I decided to microwave a few more to see if that temperature pushed these cookies towards a more fresh baked status, and while the warmth certainly increased my enjoyment, they just weren't the same as true gooey cookies. Still, these are certainly nice, if a little sickly,

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment