Granted, it was my fault. The wire of my toaster melted a little in an accident of my creation, leaving the innards slightly exposed. But the toaster still functioned perfectly, apart from when I couldn't figure out exactly what to turn the knob up to for automatic perfect toast pop up. But again, that's my problem. There the toaster sat, it's life giving umbilical cord damaged, still performing its duties. Then I got a bit too eager with a wet sponge cleaning down the sides, and a bit too forgetful of the wire situation, and a sharp jolt and some painful thumbs later, my toaster had betrayed me, shocked me.
Electric shocks suck. They're not all that bad, but this one was quite strong, especially as it came from my toaster. If expect burns from retrieving errant scones and crumpets, but never a shock. But really I have no one to blame but myself. I should have put the toaster to rest when it was first wounded. Oh well, at least I'm not dead or seriously injured, although it hurt pretty badly at the time. Getting electrocuted by a toaster is not a nice experience.
My rating: 1/5