Saturday 29 March 2014

Today's Review: Brown Bread's Oreo Cheesecake


There's a farmer's market that takes up a large portion of my high street over the weekends. I tend to avoid town on those busy days, but when I do go, I'm always drawn to the stall set up by Brown Bread, filled with many wonderful kinds of bread, and also an impressive selection of cakes and pastries. I've sampled a few over the years, and have never been disappointed, and today I spied that they now offer an Oreo cheesecake. Obviously I had to buy a slice.

As you can see from above, this is one deep slice of cheesecake. It cost £2, which I think is a pretty good price for what you get. There's a lovely crumbly Oreo biscuit base, topped with a tremendously thick creamy layer. This isn't so much cheesecake as cream cake, as it's incredibly light, fluffy, and creamy, much like the inside of your regular Oreo. The top's finished off with some chocolate swirls and Oreo cookies, and really the whole package is pretty tasty. My only gripe is that the creamy part is a little too much, and there's not enough cookie to really make it taste like Oreo throughout. Still, it's certainly a nice treat, and well worth picking up if you happen upon one of Brown Bread's stalls.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment