Thursday 6 March 2014

Today's Review: Wispa Gold Hot Chocolate


I have never really forayed into the realm of sachet hot chocolates. Although I do enjoy the odd one from coffee shops while out and about, I always feel like the homemade stuff is a little disappointing. The water based ones are weak, or I can never seem to get the milk hot enough with my slovenly microwave ways, or the powder doesn't dissolve properly, and the whole experience is somewhat muted.

But with the release of this new Wispa Gold hot chocolate I was willing to give it another go. Clearly I must be preparing my hot chocolates wrong, and I wasn't going to fail with this one. I haven't tried the original Wispa hot chocolate, so I guess I'll just have to review this on its own merit. Thankfully, I managed to make it look like a drink.


That frothiness isn't the immediate result of stirring, this hot chocolate is nice and bubbly throughout. I was quite surprised with how thick and creamy this drink is, especially as my previous efforts seem quite weak and milky. As for the taste? Fantastically chocolatey, with a distinct hint of smooth caramel. It didn't take long for me to gulp this down, and it was delicious. It's certainly changed my mind about the hot chocolate sachet game. This Wispa Gold hot chocolate is awesome, and I'm hoping it's indicative of all the Cadbury hot chocolates that I'm now compelled to try.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment