Sunday 23 March 2014

Today's Review: Go Ahead! Chocolate Thins


Since I've started counting calories, I've really come to like the Go Ahead! range. Their Crispy Slices feature fantastic fruity flavours sandwiched between some lovely crispy biscuits, while the Yoghurt Breaks go one further and drape the whole thing in a nice, creamy yoghurt coating. Whichever one you choose, they're filling, low calorie, and totally delicious. Now there are Chocolate Thins, which are basically like Yoghurt Breaks, but with chocolate instead of yoghurt. I'm all for a bit of chocolate, so I had to give these a go.

I picked up the forest fruit and orange flavours, but there is also cherry available. Sadly it was out of stock when I found them. As I said before, these are pretty much exactly like the Yoghurt Breaks. The slices are nice and crispy, and the fruit filling is as bold and tasty as before. As for the chocolate, I'm not sure it's a good fit. It's okay in the orange flavour, as we all know orange chocolate is a good thing. But with the forest fruit, it's not so great, and I'd assume the cherry lies somewhere in between. It's just a mismatch of sweet flavours that didn't really sit well on my taste buds. The other Go Ahead! varieties are a lot better in my opinion, and this seems to be an excuse to inject chocolate into some snacks that really don't need it. They're alright, but I wouldn't choose them over the others.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment