Monday 28 March 2016

Today's Review: Feast Peanut Butter Snack Bar


I do love how prevalent peanut butter products are getting over here, even the classic Feast has joined in on the action and brought us this snack bar. I've been searching for these for a while, and finally stumbled upon them in Morrisons. It boasts a peanut butter flavour ice cream with caramel sauce, all wrapped up in chocolate with embedded peanut pieces.

I say I love how many peanut butter products are coming out, but I suppose that's because up until now they've mostly been done right. I guess the more we see, the more lacklustre the peanut butter experience is going to be, like the Maryland Gooeys I tried the other day. This is, unfortunately, another such example. To me, the ice cream really didn't taste much like peanut butter, especially with the caramel distracting my taste buds. It's a nice enough ice cream, but it's just disappointing, failing to deliver on the promise made on the box. There is some solace in the peanut pieces on the outside which add a bit of flavour, as well as a crunchiness that works well with the nicely thick chocolate. Overall though, it's only okay. The elements are there, but they're not great, just thrown together into an ice cream bar that didn't do much to wow me. They're alright to have for a quick frozen snack, but don't expect to be blown away.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:


  1. I'm so glad it wasn't just me. I really couldn't taste the peanut butter at all. SO disappointing!

    ReplyDelete