Tuesday 14 March 2017

Today's Review: Boylan Bottling Co. Root Beer


Root beer is my thing at the moment, and I'm grabbing whatever I can get my hands on. This one comes from the American section of my local Tesco Express, and it looks pretty sophisticated. Thankfully it was only £1.50 per bottle, which was enough for me to bite. 

This is a good, old fashioned botanical style drink. It's very refreshing, with a bold sassafras flavour. The root beer taste is still an acquired one for several I guess, but this one is derived from cinnamon and vanilla, and there are definitely some spicy and sweet tones throughout. It's a little on the flat side, a bit of fizz could have made this pretty perfect. But the botanical taste still makes this a damn good bottle of root beer.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment