Friday 19 May 2017

Today's Review: Refreshers Choos


So Drumstick Choos are a thing, and they're awesome, so it makes sense that Drumstick wouldn't be the only sweet to get the treatment. Here we have Refreshers Choos, which are like the Refreshers bars in chew form. There are five flavours in this bag. We have the original lemon, strawberry, apple, pineapple and raspberry. Much like the Drumstick, there are some new ones chucked in there, so I was excited to see how they'd turn out. Sorry about the awful pic, it was a quick snap in the dark cinema, but I think you get the gist.

One thing I don't like about Refreshers bars is how messy they can get. Sometimes I try my very best, but still wind up with an elongated, sticky catastrophe, albeit a tasty one. These Choos negate that problem, offering up the classic Refreshers flavour in bite size form. There's also some of the fizzy sherbet stuff inside, although I found some of that just wound up in my lap when I opened the wrapper. Still, there was enough left to give these a bit of a kick. The pre-existing flavours are faithful to the original, and the new one are pretty good too, although not entirely accurate, I was a little disappointed by the pineapple. One thing I will say is the texture is a bit off, these aren't quite as chewy as the bars, but I guess that saves on the jaw muscles, and overall these are a pretty good attempt at some new Refreshers sweets. Let's hope there are more Choos on the horizon.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment